Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Detection of headphones

How can I get my brand new macbook air Bluetooth to detect my sony WH-CH700N headphones? Loaded with the latest updates to Big Sur.

Worked perfectly well on my previous 2013 MacBook air.

MacBook Air 13″, 11.5

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 3:44 PM

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: Nope! No bono. So weird because the MacBook air detects my iPhone and a different bluetooth speaker. Makes me think that the Sony headphone bluetooth is wonky, but it is easily detected and paired when linked to my iPhone and old MacBook Air!"

-------

Chat with Sony. Perhaps they have yet to do their part in compatibly for drivers and such. Go Here: Live Agent Chat - Sony

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 3:44 PM in response to dubyasea

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: Nope! No bono. So weird because the MacBook air detects my iPhone and a different bluetooth speaker. Makes me think that the Sony headphone bluetooth is wonky, but it is easily detected and paired when linked to my iPhone and old MacBook Air!"

-------

Chat with Sony. Perhaps they have yet to do their part in compatibly for drivers and such. Go Here: Live Agent Chat - Sony

Aug 3, 2021 3:08 PM in response to dubyasea

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: How can I get my brand new macbook air Bluetooth to detect my sony WH-CH700N headphones? Loaded with the latest updates to Big Sur. Worked perfectly well on my previous 2013 MacBook air."

-------

Reset the Bluetooth Module:

See if resetting the Bluetooth Module does the job: Use "Reset the Bluetooth module" to Fix Constant Bluetooth Disconnections - User Tip

See this Link by Sony: Can't Pair the Bluetooth Headphones or Speaker to a Computer - Sony

Aug 3, 2021 4:27 PM in response to TheLittles

After somewhat of a wait, the Sony Live Chat agent was able to solve my issue.

I had to set the headphones into the Pairing Mode by holding the Power button for 7 seconds and hearing an audible 'Pairing Mode On'.

Then I had to cycle the MacBook Bluetooth off, and then back on. WH-CH700N was the detected by the Mac and paired. Voila! Happy listener now!

Thanks to TheLittles! Well done!

Aug 3, 2021 4:31 PM in response to dubyasea

dubyasea Said:

"Bluetooth Detection of headphones: After somewhat of a wait, the Sony Live Chat agent was able to solve my issue. I had to set the headphones into the Pairing Mode by holding the Power button for 7 seconds and hearing an audible 'Pairing Mode On'. Then I had to cycle the MacBook Bluetooth off, and then back on. WH-CH700N was the detected by the Mac and paired. Voila! Happy listener now! Thanks to TheLittles! Well done!"

-------

You are welcome. And thank you too.

Bluetooth Detection of headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.