Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I retrieve deleted contacts?

Can I retrieve deleted contacts on iphone?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:11 PM

Sorry, but no. When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.

Ref: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

However, if you have been syncing your Contacts with iCloud, there is still a chance you can recover them.

• Open iCloud.com in a browser, and then, log in.
  • Select Settings from the dropdown menu located beneath your username in the upper right corner.
  • In the next window, select Restore Contacts in the Advanced section located in the lower left window.
  • Select the date from those offered in the archive list.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 4:11 PM in response to gopalkrishnan65

Sorry, but no. When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.

Ref: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

However, if you have been syncing your Contacts with iCloud, there is still a chance you can recover them.

• Open iCloud.com in a browser, and then, log in.
  • Select Settings from the dropdown menu located beneath your username in the upper right corner.
  • In the next window, select Restore Contacts in the Advanced section located in the lower left window.
  • Select the date from those offered in the archive list.

Can I retrieve deleted contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.