Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not working on Apple TV since update

Hi,

Used to AirPlay Apple Fitness classes from my iPad to my Apple TV every day without issue, but they both installed updates last week and now AirPlay won’t connect. When I select it, the little thinking wheel just freezes for a minute and then I get an error message that says “Unable to connect to Apple TV. AirPlay failed for an unknown reason. Please cancel out of the workout and try again.” I tried Airplaying something from the library and that didn’t work either. Screen mirroring is working. I’m having the same problem trying to AirPlay from my phone to the Apple TV, so I think the Apple TV is the problem. I’ve checked the settings to ensure AirPlay is turned on, I’ve rebooted the Apple TV, and I’ve checked for additional updates, but no luck. I really want to avoid resetting the Apple TV if possible, because getting it set up in the first place was a huge pain. Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try first?

Apple TV model #A1842, running tvOS 14.7 (18M60)

iPad is iPad Air 4 running 14.7.1

Phone is iPhone 8 running 14.7.1

Thank you!

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 4:10 PM

3 replies

Aug 4, 2021 10:27 AM in response to Kirbysaurus

Hello Kirbysaurus,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to AirPlay to your Apple TV after updating your devices. Have you tried restarting your Apple TV? Take a look at the following links and let us know if this helps.

How to turn off or restart your Apple TV

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Have great day.

Airplay not working on Apple TV since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.