Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a iTunes card it is for 50.00 it will not let me use it

I got a iTunes card for 50.00 it will not let me use it

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 6:05 PM

Please do not post your gift card code in a public forum where any one can see it and steal it. It should be removed shortly by the moderators for your safety.

What happens when you try redeem the card. If you get an error please post what it says.

See here: link-> If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 6:05 PM in response to Kellisnyder

Please do not post your gift card code in a public forum where any one can see it and steal it. It should be removed shortly by the moderators for your safety.

What happens when you try redeem the card. If you get an error please post what it says.

See here: link-> If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2021 10:01 AM in response to Scot_m

If this is a newly created Apple ID with an age set to over 13, it requires a verified payment method to complete first use setup.

After that, the payment method can be removed and only gift cards used.

If its a previously existing Apple ID, it will also require verified payment method if something was attempted to be purchased but failed due to lack of funds. Again, add a payment method, let verification complete and then remove the payment method.

After that is done, the gift card balance will be automatically used to pay for any purchases. No selection of the balance can or needs to happen.

If the Apple ID is part of a family sharing group, the payment method being verified is the one that belongs to the Family Organizer. It will need to be verified before the account balance can be used on the child's account.

More details here: link-> Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Aug 29, 2021 7:22 PM in response to Kellisnyder

Same question as above. iTunes will not allow me to make purchases with my $50 balance I redeemed from an apple gift card. It is requesting credit card and billing information when the buy button is selected. No option for using account balance is provided.

This is my sons account and I do not want him to have access to a credit card. I am purchasing music for his iPod. I want to use the gift card we redeemed into his Apple ID account to purchase music on his account.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Apple iMac 2020 with Big Sur 11.5.1

I got a iTunes card it is for 50.00 it will not let me use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.