Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Enter the password for the other mac book pro which is not the password for this mac book pro," there isn't another. When I enter my log in password it is invalid. This then offers me a chance to delete all data in iCloud. I then force quit from preferences Apple id. The OS 11.5.1 update has been a challenge.

What's a solution?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 9:30 PM

Here are the various numbers for Apple:

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Calling the online Apple store is not as helpful as calling their support at 800–275–2273. Or, you can simply start a support ticket by using the link to support in the upper right corner of this page.

7 replies

Aug 5, 2021 3:49 AM in response to 1snuggles

Welcome. User wrote " This is following a drive clean and reinstall of OS 11.5. " by what method ? How to erase an Intel-based Mac and How to reinstall macOS, After the reinstallation was a Move your content to a new Mac used during the initial Setup or afterwards ? If afterwards, you may have migrated and addition User Account and / to reintroduced an issue that existed when the Time Machine Backup was performed. Effectively negating the Clean Installation.

Aug 4, 2021 6:21 PM in response to PRP_53

P. Phillips, I am the Administrator and there are no other users. The problem with App store sign in is corrected however the store page is blank. Books and podcasts are not responsive also. This is following a drive clean and reinstall of OS 11.5. Thank you for your suggestion on a direct ethernet connection from the router instead of WiFi. This has not been done yet. Again Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.