Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

moving messages to folders

Hei.

I use Apple's iOS email client and have linked it with my Gmail accounts.

I make extensive use of folders/labels.

Why...:

1) ... does the iOS email client "forget" folders/folder suggestions? that it once "knew".

2) ... does the iOS email client "know" of a folder and suggest it and then it suddenly "forgets" it?

3) ... can I not type the name of the folder when I want to move folder instead of having to scroll to find it?

Please advise.

Rgds,

K.Anderson

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 2:04 AM

For some strange reason only known to Google, they have never allowed the creation of Folders under Gmail. They have a feature called Labels and not folders.

So as far as my knowledge goes the only option the iOS Mail app has now is to display Folders and keep a link to the Gmail Labels. This is not a folder (For Gmail) by definition of "Folders" and hence will not behave like one.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 2:04 AM in response to kanderso66

For some strange reason only known to Google, they have never allowed the creation of Folders under Gmail. They have a feature called Labels and not folders.

So as far as my knowledge goes the only option the iOS Mail app has now is to display Folders and keep a link to the Gmail Labels. This is not a folder (For Gmail) by definition of "Folders" and hence will not behave like one.

moving messages to folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.