Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy Iphone12 Pro Max in US, Can I buy applecare plan online or remotely without taking phone to store and make a payment in $$$?

If I buy Iphone12 Pro Max in US, Can I buy applecare plan online or remotely without taking phone to store and make a payment in $$$?

Assuming that the answer to above question is YES, can I avail the applecare+ plan in India? Does it have international warrantee?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:15 AM

sbthakare wrote:

I have a good arrangement to ship the phone or carry to US myself. I travel once a quarter to US. What's the price for Applecare+ for IPhonePro max for 2 years in US? Is it $200 or $300? Everytime I logon to apple.com, it jumps to India Site only.

Here, In India, it is roughly $360

Problem 1: If you buy the phone in the US you cannot buy AppleCare+ for it in India at any price.

Problem 2: If you want to buy AppleCare+ you must do so when you buy the phone, or, if you want to buy it later it must be activated on a US carrier and working so it can be tested remotely, and you must buy it within 60 days of the original purchase.

Problem 3: If you buy AppleCare+ in the US it will only provide coverage in the US.

Last time I checked it was $150, but I haven’t checked recently.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 9:15 AM in response to sbthakare

sbthakare wrote:

I have a good arrangement to ship the phone or carry to US myself. I travel once a quarter to US. What's the price for Applecare+ for IPhonePro max for 2 years in US? Is it $200 or $300? Everytime I logon to apple.com, it jumps to India Site only.

Here, In India, it is roughly $360

Problem 1: If you buy the phone in the US you cannot buy AppleCare+ for it in India at any price.

Problem 2: If you want to buy AppleCare+ you must do so when you buy the phone, or, if you want to buy it later it must be activated on a US carrier and working so it can be tested remotely, and you must buy it within 60 days of the original purchase.

Problem 3: If you buy AppleCare+ in the US it will only provide coverage in the US.

Last time I checked it was $150, but I haven’t checked recently.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.