Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I connect Smart Keyboard to my I pad mini

how can I connect my iPad mini to Smart Keyboard

iPad Mini 5, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:07 AM

The iPad mini is not compatible with Apple’s range of Smart (folio) keyboards. These keyboards are model specific - each being designed to fit the specific dimensions of the iPad model for which it is designed.

Likewise, the iPad mini lacks the “smart connector” that electrically connects the folio keyboard to the iPad.

Instead of an Apple Smart Keyboard, if you look, you may find a third-party folio keyboard that meets you need - that is both self-powered and able connect to your iPad using Bluetooth.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 8:07 AM in response to Ashok7524

The iPad mini is not compatible with Apple’s range of Smart (folio) keyboards. These keyboards are model specific - each being designed to fit the specific dimensions of the iPad model for which it is designed.

Likewise, the iPad mini lacks the “smart connector” that electrically connects the folio keyboard to the iPad.

Instead of an Apple Smart Keyboard, if you look, you may find a third-party folio keyboard that meets you need - that is both self-powered and able connect to your iPad using Bluetooth.

How can I connect Smart Keyboard to my I pad mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.