Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscription by mistake

Good morning,

Basically my son by mistake bought an app this morning. I didn’t noticed until I check my bank statements. I called the bank and they told that I could contact you guys and requested a cancellation and refund. I check on my subscription settings and I couldn’t even find it. I really appreciate your help in this matter. The app’s called Frederick.

Thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 9:28 AM

If using Family Sharing, the subscription would be tied to the Apple ID of the person that started the subscription. In this case your son. Follow the steps in the link below from a device that is signed in to your son's Apple ID to find and cancel the subscription.

Click here: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Then contact Apple Support directly to request a refund: click here-> contact Apple Support

If its not on your son's Apple ID as a subscription it may not have been a subscription at all but rather a single charge purchase. In which case you can log in to https://reportaproblem.apple.com with your son's Apple ID, to find the purchase and request a refund for it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 9:28 AM in response to Vanevz111

If using Family Sharing, the subscription would be tied to the Apple ID of the person that started the subscription. In this case your son. Follow the steps in the link below from a device that is signed in to your son's Apple ID to find and cancel the subscription.

Click here: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Then contact Apple Support directly to request a refund: click here-> contact Apple Support

If its not on your son's Apple ID as a subscription it may not have been a subscription at all but rather a single charge purchase. In which case you can log in to https://reportaproblem.apple.com with your son's Apple ID, to find the purchase and request a refund for it.

Subscription by mistake

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.