Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reconnect my home pod without the code?

How can I connect my home pod to my new iPhone without the code that came with the pod?

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 1:37 PM

It never came with a code. There’s a code you might hear during set up but it is not a QR code, it’s a passcode. Once you get to set up you can opt to do that if it’s not working to hold the phone over top to transfer settings

ok you’ve removed the HomePod from the home app correct? Do not remove the home app. You need that to set it up again. If you removed it, go reinstall it from the App Store.. Also the add accessory is not for adding a HomePod. It’s for smart devices.

First let’s get the HomePod restored so you can start over

Please do everything in the order I listed here and do exactly 10 seconds as instructed below. . If it fails to reset we will need to go with your soft reset where you removed it. I have just found it does not successfully remove the Apple ID with this method.

HARD RESET HOMEPOD:

1. Unplug HomePod, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.
  • Note you will not see it in the home app until it’s been set up (instructions are below)

UPDATE IPHONE SOFTWARE:

In settings - General - software update on your phone, get this on 14.7.1 (if you’ve not already done so)

• Now prepare for the set up, make sure your phone is signed in with your new Apple ID, keychain, Bluetooth and home wifi is turned on.
  • Unlock your phone

plug the HomePod in

SET UP HOMEPOD:

Put your iphone near it and once it chimes your phone will display the set up screen, if you have trouble holding the viewfinder in the phone over the white spinning light, this is where you can instead choose to enter passcode manually; it will speak the code you enter on the phone, after that you sign in with your Apple ID, set up should then say done. Set up and use HomePod -

Once done it’s all set to go but you should then update the HomePod software to 14.7

I hope I’ve made this easy to follow.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 1:37 PM in response to Robin Richesson

It never came with a code. There’s a code you might hear during set up but it is not a QR code, it’s a passcode. Once you get to set up you can opt to do that if it’s not working to hold the phone over top to transfer settings

ok you’ve removed the HomePod from the home app correct? Do not remove the home app. You need that to set it up again. If you removed it, go reinstall it from the App Store.. Also the add accessory is not for adding a HomePod. It’s for smart devices.

First let’s get the HomePod restored so you can start over

Please do everything in the order I listed here and do exactly 10 seconds as instructed below. . If it fails to reset we will need to go with your soft reset where you removed it. I have just found it does not successfully remove the Apple ID with this method.

HARD RESET HOMEPOD:

1. Unplug HomePod, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
  2. Wait 10 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
  3. The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down. 
  4. Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset. When you hear three beeps, you can lift your finger.
  • Note you will not see it in the home app until it’s been set up (instructions are below)

UPDATE IPHONE SOFTWARE:

In settings - General - software update on your phone, get this on 14.7.1 (if you’ve not already done so)

• Now prepare for the set up, make sure your phone is signed in with your new Apple ID, keychain, Bluetooth and home wifi is turned on.
  • Unlock your phone

plug the HomePod in

SET UP HOMEPOD:

Put your iphone near it and once it chimes your phone will display the set up screen, if you have trouble holding the viewfinder in the phone over the white spinning light, this is where you can instead choose to enter passcode manually; it will speak the code you enter on the phone, after that you sign in with your Apple ID, set up should then say done. Set up and use HomePod -

Once done it’s all set to go but you should then update the HomePod software to 14.7

I hope I’ve made this easy to follow.

Aug 4, 2021 3:31 PM in response to Vancouver22

thanks, unfortunately, when I touched my finger and glowed red, siri said "I am having trouble connecting to the internet. For more info, check the Home App". There is nothing on the Home App, no information at all. This device is of course not there anymore. I tried moving the HomePod to the room with my Wifi router, about 4 feet away from it. Same message from Siri. Any suggestions? I have not changed my internet in any way since getting this device. It was previously connect to my home wifi.

Aug 4, 2021 12:20 PM in response to Vancouver22

My device is a few years old. It came with a set up code, which I now cannot find. I got a new iPhone last year, and had to change my Apple ID password and set up a security code too with Apple as well. My HomePod has not been able to connect to my new phone, and I can’t find the code I used originally. It doesn’t seem to be scannable. The home app showed the device, but said “not responding”. I tried deleting the device, but it now doesn’t appear at all on the list of devices to add (when I tap add device). I tried removing app from my phone, and re-adding. Nothing changed. I have not tried removing the app from iCloud as well, but it seems unlikely that will help.

Aug 4, 2021 7:42 PM in response to Robin Richesson

Do it in the home app

The little house icon , tap that then tap Home Settings, then scroll, down to Software Update and update from there. In there you can choose if you want HomePod to update automatically when new software is released, turn it on if you want that. I like to keep mine off. While updating you will see HomePod has a white swirling light. Once that’s gone it’s been updated.

How can I reconnect my home pod without the code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.