Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL mail in Mail app on ipad

I have an AOL mail account. Up until the middle of July I was able to get mail in my Mail app on my iPad Air 2, but no longer. I have updated to the most current iOS (14.7.1). I have not changed any settings in the Mail app. What can I do to be able to again get AOL mail in my Mail app?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 7:01 AM

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page. This password will differ from your regular account password used to access your account or email from a web browser.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 7:01 AM in response to freichorn

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page. This password will differ from your regular account password used to access your account or email from a web browser.

More information about AOL’s App Specific Passwords can be found here:

https://help.aol.com/articles/allow-apps-that-use-less-secure-sign-in?guccounter=1

Aug 4, 2021 4:11 PM in response to freichorn

freichorn wrote:

I have an AOL mail account. Up until the middle of July I was able to get mail in my Mail app on my iPad Air 2, but no longer. I have updated to the most current iOS (14.7.1). I have not changed any settings in the Mail app. What can I do to be able to again get AOL mail in my Mail app?

AOL requires app specific password, contact AOL or look at their support site for more information.

AOL mail in Mail app on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.