Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to check if my iPhone is hacked?

Any way to check for sure that I don’t have a malware issue? I accidentally clicked on a link sent to me in my messages and it directed me to an inappropriate site. I clicked off immediately and cleared my cookies cache and history. I also used Norton and malware bytes to scan for a virus and didn’t find one haha, but I’m a little paranoid still. Especially since I’ve been having an overheating issue on my phone recently…It could just be my old battery, but again I’m paranoid. I know iPhones are sandboxed but there have been instances of people getting viruses with non-jail broken phones because of phishing links and others. I just want to check and absolutely make sure that I’m fine:

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 3:09 PM

There are no absolutes here. Nor can there be.

All that likely happened here was that you have identified yourself as someone willing to click on spam links, which means you’ll be targeted with more, and likely that your email address will be worth to sell to other scammers and spammers.

If you’re a political dissident, investigative reporter, or have direct or indirect access to sensitive or confidential or financial data, or similar value to a well-funded adversary, the above calculation here might shift.

Add-on anti-malware cannot scan the storage of an iPhone. That access is blocked by App Store rules.

Old batteries and failing batteries can get warm, as can devices with confused or befuddled or buggy apps having gotten busy.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 3:09 PM in response to jaydsh123

There are no absolutes here. Nor can there be.

All that likely happened here was that you have identified yourself as someone willing to click on spam links, which means you’ll be targeted with more, and likely that your email address will be worth to sell to other scammers and spammers.

If you’re a political dissident, investigative reporter, or have direct or indirect access to sensitive or confidential or financial data, or similar value to a well-funded adversary, the above calculation here might shift.

Add-on anti-malware cannot scan the storage of an iPhone. That access is blocked by App Store rules.

Old batteries and failing batteries can get warm, as can devices with confused or befuddled or buggy apps having gotten busy.

How to check if my iPhone is hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.