Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want downgrade ios 14 to 13 because the device is very hot and consumes battery

Can i downgrade ios 14 to 13 ?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 4:50 PM

There is no means to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13.

If the device is hot, use Settings > Battery, and see if you have a run-away app.

While checking for any run-away apps, also check the battery health in that same part of Settings, and see if that has dropped below about 80%.

It’s quire possible that a device as old as an iPhone 7 needs a battery replacement.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2021 4:50 PM in response to tùng217

There is no means to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13.

If the device is hot, use Settings > Battery, and see if you have a run-away app.

While checking for any run-away apps, also check the battery health in that same part of Settings, and see if that has dropped below about 80%.

It’s quire possible that a device as old as an iPhone 7 needs a battery replacement.

Aug 9, 2021 6:54 AM in response to Koleraka

Koleraka wrote:

when i update may ipad air 2 to ios14 my storage is full all apps wont work and i cant download anymore, please can you send my device an update of ios12 or 13. I cant use my ipad right now it useless if i cant downgrade it😭

You have an iPad with storage insufficient for your needs.

There is no fixing that, no hardware upgrades, there is only managing your storage contents for what you’re currently or soon doing with your iPad, and that storage management is an on-going task for most of these cases.

Off-load or delete contents, or replace the iPad Air 2 with a newer or new iPad, and one with storage commensurate with your needs. I’d expect the 16 GB models for iPad and iPhone are going to be of marginal usefulness for many folks, if not generally.

Offloading can be to iCloud, or to other external storage. Link ➡️ How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

To upgrade or to recover that model (and again, there are no iPadOS downgrades), back up to a computer (Mac or Windows), re-set and reload iPadOS, and restore whatever you can from your backup that’ll fit in the storage available.

Link ➡️ Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support. That article links to the backup and restore procedures, too.

Aug 9, 2021 7:03 AM in response to tùng217

tùng217 wrote:

My battery health is 100% but i can use my phone in I can only use it for an hour and a half

As iPhone 7 was discontinued in 2019, I’d be skeptical of any model showing a battery health of 100% most of two years later (minimally), unless that iPhone has just had its battery replaced, is new-old-stock, or has somehow had its sensor data or battery reported data overwritten.

If the battery has just been replaced, contact the folks that replaced the battery for assistance.

If the battery has not been recently replaced, use the Get Support link in the upper right of this webpage, and discuss this iPhone with the folks at Apple.

If this iPhone was new-old-stock, I’d suspect that the battery has failed and is headed for replacement.

I want downgrade ios 14 to 13 because the device is very hot and consumes battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.