You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad brightness low after hard reset

So I did a hard reset on my iPad, and once it was done I was obviously brought to the setup screen for the iPad, but the problem is that the screen is super dim, to the point where you can't see the screen normally, you'd have to squint your eyes to the point where you could then see the UI, and since it's in setup mode you can't change the brightness so now I'm stuck in this dilemma of not knowing what step to take next.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:55 AM

Hello Ali6186,

We'd love to assist you with your display brightness. Does pressing the volume up key automatically adjust the brightness? If no, are you able to complete the setup just for the sake of managing the brightness in the device settings using the steps here: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ?

Take care

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2021 11:55 AM in response to Ali6186

Hello Ali6186,

We'd love to assist you with your display brightness. Does pressing the volume up key automatically adjust the brightness? If no, are you able to complete the setup just for the sake of managing the brightness in the device settings using the steps here: Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ?

Take care

iPad brightness low after hard reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.