Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to recover lost files and photos from icloud, they aren't in recently deleted and restore files

I want to recover lost files and photos from iCloud drive, they aren't in recently deleted and restore files. Is it possible? All my files and photos disappeared without my permission. It happened while I unchecked icloud drive from MacBook. Please help, it is important

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:25 AM

If you unchecked iCloud Drive on your computer it sounds to me like you gave it permission.

See the section about "Turn off Desktop and Documents" in:

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Note that photos are managed in a separate part of iCloud and are handled using the Photos app.

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 8:25 AM in response to mndu_114

If you unchecked iCloud Drive on your computer it sounds to me like you gave it permission.

See the section about "Turn off Desktop and Documents" in:

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Note that photos are managed in a separate part of iCloud and are handled using the Photos app.

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 3, 2021 7:48 PM in response to keithfromrutland

Anything that you delete should remain in your recently deleted album for up to 30 days. After that time, it is deleted forever. If you cannot find your images, it may be more than 30 days, or you may have inadvertently deleted them from the recently deleted album. In which case, there is no way to remove the images (except from a backup of your device made to a computer or a time machine backup of your Mac).

I want to recover lost files and photos from icloud, they aren't in recently deleted and restore files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.