Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos in Photos not showing in iMovie media.

Hi all. I have 'optimised pictures in Photos on my MacBook. I can see an article from Apple that tells me that this will mean videos will not show in iMovie media and that to to resolve the above I need to put the videos into an album and then Ctl click the album and select 'download originals...' and then select the album in iMovie. However I have no option visible when I Ctl click the album. anyone else seeing this? I can see some other videos taken a short time before. the only difference is they were shot in slo mo and the 'missing' ones are shot in 'normal' 1080.

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

Not sure what article you are referencing, but here's a link to an Apple article that explains how to download an optimized photo.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206170

As stated in the article: "In Photos, double-click the photo or video to view it individually. The high-resolution version of that photo or video automatically downloads from iCloud Photos.."

Once you download the photo or video, it should appear in the iMovie Photos side bar item screen, provided that your Photos library has been designated in the Photos General Preferences as the system library. You might need to close and relaunch iMovie after doing the download.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM in response to Iannet

Not sure what article you are referencing, but here's a link to an Apple article that explains how to download an optimized photo.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206170

As stated in the article: "In Photos, double-click the photo or video to view it individually. The high-resolution version of that photo or video automatically downloads from iCloud Photos.."

Once you download the photo or video, it should appear in the iMovie Photos side bar item screen, provided that your Photos library has been designated in the Photos General Preferences as the system library. You might need to close and relaunch iMovie after doing the download.

-- Rich

Videos in Photos not showing in iMovie media.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.