Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible phishing email

I received an email from appleid@id.apple.com saying to reset my password at iforgot.Apple.com. I never requested to reset my password on my iphone so I found the email very random. Is this message real from Apple? I’m not trusting it.I received an email from appleid@id.Apple.com saying to reset my passcode at iforgot.Apple.com. Is this a real message or a scam? I made no attempt to change my passcode.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:40 PM

The websites are real, but the links may not be. And the email address may be different than what is displayed. You wouldn't get a random email from Apple telling you to access your account, but someone may be trying to either log into your account or accidentally typed their ID incorrectly. Just to be safe, reset your password and be sure two-factor authentication is on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 2:40 PM in response to Marlijo

The websites are real, but the links may not be. And the email address may be different than what is displayed. You wouldn't get a random email from Apple telling you to access your account, but someone may be trying to either log into your account or accidentally typed their ID incorrectly. Just to be safe, reset your password and be sure two-factor authentication is on.

Possible phishing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.