Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed to an iPhone 12pro max but already sent old phone back…now it doesn’t want to pair.

I changed iPhones without backing up and now my watch is stuck in the trying to sync phase

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 6:00 PM

First, make sure your watch is unpaired from the old iPhone. Here are two ways to unpair your watch if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

Then follow these steps:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 6:00 PM in response to LTCC

First, make sure your watch is unpaired from the old iPhone. Here are two ways to unpair your watch if you no longer have the paired iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

Then follow these steps:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

or

How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

I changed to an iPhone 12pro max but already sent old phone back…now it doesn’t want to pair.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.