Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked MacBook and need to know if it's iCloud locked

Hi,

I got a MacBook from a friend. The screen is completely cracked and you can't see anything at all. I'd like to figure out how to tell if it's unlocked before I consider repairing it. If there's a way to figure that out with maybe the serial number I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 10:38 AM

A serial number would only tell you if it is under warranty or has AppleCare.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

I don't think there is any way for you as a purchaser to check for activation lock when it has a broken display.

Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

Something for consideration:

Depending upon the issue with the display it is possible the computer might still boot and if you connect an external display it might (I don't know for sure) mirror what the actual display should show.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 10:38 AM in response to JSmith731

A serial number would only tell you if it is under warranty or has AppleCare.

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

I don't think there is any way for you as a purchaser to check for activation lock when it has a broken display.

Activation Lock for Mac - Apple Support

Something for consideration:

Depending upon the issue with the display it is possible the computer might still boot and if you connect an external display it might (I don't know for sure) mirror what the actual display should show.

Cracked MacBook and need to know if it's iCloud locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.