Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts Connect "There was an error"

I am on podcasts connect as I want to submit my new podcast but all I get is a blank page with a red box saying "there was an error".

This is the first page that comes up when I login to Podcasts Connect. I get this message whenever I click "Podcasts" and if I click "account' I just get indefinite swirling loading sign.

Finding this whole process with Apple very frustrating and I don't recall it being this hard a few years ago when I submitted a podcast.

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:36 PM

There have been problems off and on with Podcasts Connect. Check that you have a payment method registered in itunes/Apple Music, and that your computer is authorised to play pucrchases. Wait a bit and try again. If it's still showing an error, contact Support: https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 11:36 PM in response to Podmoot

There have been problems off and on with Podcasts Connect. Check that you have a payment method registered in itunes/Apple Music, and that your computer is authorised to play pucrchases. Wait a bit and try again. If it's still showing an error, contact Support: https://itunespartner.apple.com/contact/?content_type=podcasts

Sep 14, 2021 8:11 AM in response to Podmoot

This is an account-creation error that resides on Apple's backend.

I just had the same one & got it resolved by contacting Support.

Through that troubleshooting process, I used a different ID and created a Podcasts Connect account.

It went right through, and I was able to submit podcasts if I chose.

Roger's solution is the right one, just give Support time. It took 2 weeks to get my issue investigated & fixed, but they definitely can do it.

Podcasts Connect "There was an error"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.