Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i rent/buy movie on apple tv not using the card already attached to the account

how do i rent/buy movie on apple tv not using the card already attached to the account?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 12:57 AM

You can add additional payment methods, and prioritize the new one, thereby not using the old card.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

You can prioritize payment methods by changing the order. The top listed payment method is tried first, then the second, etc.

Account balance is always used first, before other payment methods. You may add balance by doing a money transfer, or by redeeming a gift card.

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Redeem your App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Buy Apple Gift Cards - Apple (electronic ‘cards’ for any value, or physical/store-bought card for rounded values)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 12:57 AM in response to madecampbell

You can add additional payment methods, and prioritize the new one, thereby not using the old card.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

You can prioritize payment methods by changing the order. The top listed payment method is tried first, then the second, etc.

Account balance is always used first, before other payment methods. You may add balance by doing a money transfer, or by redeeming a gift card.

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Redeem your App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Buy Apple Gift Cards - Apple (electronic ‘cards’ for any value, or physical/store-bought card for rounded values)

how do i rent/buy movie on apple tv not using the card already attached to the account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.