Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I undo “Forget this Network?

Is it possible to join a network once you’ve chosen to “Forget” it?

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 9:17 PM

Yes. Next time you are within that Wi-Fi Network's reach then open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : You should see that Wi-Fi Network listed and then you can tap on it and enter the password again. That will connect you to that network and the password will be saved for next time.

FYI - Forgetting a Network simply removes its password and settings which prevents our device to connect to it automatically.

Axel F.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 9:17 PM in response to Bumpsthecat

Yes. Next time you are within that Wi-Fi Network's reach then open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi : You should see that Wi-Fi Network listed and then you can tap on it and enter the password again. That will connect you to that network and the password will be saved for next time.

FYI - Forgetting a Network simply removes its password and settings which prevents our device to connect to it automatically.

Axel F.

Aug 5, 2021 9:29 PM in response to Bumpsthecat

Bumpsthecat Said:

"How can I undo 'Forget this Network?: Is it possible to join a network once you’ve chosen to 'Forget' it?"

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Have a recent backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when you had this network. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

Aug 11, 2021 1:43 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

Bumpsthecat Said:
"How can I undo 'Forget this Network?: Is it possible to join a network once you’ve chosen to 'Forget' it?"
-------

Restore from a Backup:
Have a recent backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when you had this network. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

Note that passwords are only saved with an encrypted back up.

How can I undo “Forget this Network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.