You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charging on Macbook pro 2020

When I shut down my MacBook and close it, it usually gives a sound when you start charging, but now every time I shut down, close my MacBook and plug my charging chord, the sound doesn't come up unless I open my MacBook and log in my account, then it will start charging. This problem showed up just after I updated to Bigsur. Should I be worried? Any tips on what I should do? and is there another way to know if my mac is charging when shut down other than the sound? Since the new charger doesn't have the green/orange light. I also have refreshed my SMC (since a lot of websites suggested it) but nothing changed.

Thank you :)

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 9:21 PM

5 replies

Aug 6, 2021 7:09 AM in response to kaz-k

Hi, thank you for answering. I‘ve tried following the steps in the article and the one that works for me was pressing D when starting up. But then it ask me to connect to wifi and after i did that, nothing’s changed. The screen stays like in the picture. After waiting the screen turns into the next picture. Any idea on what should i do? Thankss :‘))

charging on Macbook pro 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.