Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Face ID disabled

why is my Face ID disabled

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:58 PM

See these two support articles:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro – Apple Support

and/or:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 11:58 PM in response to Mariojackson1

See these two support articles:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro – Apple Support

and/or:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Aug 5, 2021 11:56 PM in response to Mariojackson1

Hi there

I’m sorry to her that your iPhone isn’t working properly

The Face ID has been disabled due to the iPhone detecting that there is a hardwear or softwear problem. The iPhone disables the Face ID to prevent brute forcing. Brute forcing is where a person keeps trying multiple techniques to get inside your iphone.

There are multiple reasons why your Face ID is disabled:

Your TrueDepth camera(which is used for Face ID) is broken or there is something wrong.

There is a problem with the iPhones software. Which could be fixed by resetting the iphone

There is a problem with the iPhone itself

I have noticed that you are using a version os iOS 15. Which could be the problem as iOS 15 is in beta form. Which means it has bugs. iOS 15 Could be the problem. If you want to your could try reinstalling iOS 14.7.1 by resetting the iPhone using a Mac or PC

if that doesn’t fix the problem you will have to get your iPhone repaired.

if your iphone is covered by the warranty you should be able to get a free replacement or repair. Note. If you are using the iOS 15 developer beta without a apple developer account then your warranty is void. Meaning that you will have to pay for repairs. Does not apply to public beta

if your not covered by the warranty you will have to pay for repairs

I hoped this helped

Why is my Face ID disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.