Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout Pauses

Turning off the "Auto Pause" seems to have zero effect on my series 4. Come on Apple...this is ridiculous that there isn't a way to just let the timer run without the micromanaging...which would be fine if it worked...however the last workout walk i went on it seemed the faster I walked...the more it paused...literabout ever 3 seconds...& then there are times when it dosent "Pause" at all...very frustrating...with so many updates it seems like this could be worked in

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 12:50 AM

Go to the watch app on the phone and tap on workout,turn off running autopause and end workout reminder.

Or on the watch in settings/workout and turn them off there.

Or;

When you start your workout slide right on the screen and tap on lock,then when you finish the workout turn the digital crown in one continuous movement to turn the lock off then slide right again and tap on end.

Tighten the watch band a touch.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.

Is your sleeve catching on the side buttons or on the screen itself?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 12:50 AM in response to bdh18

Go to the watch app on the phone and tap on workout,turn off running autopause and end workout reminder.

Or on the watch in settings/workout and turn them off there.

Or;

When you start your workout slide right on the screen and tap on lock,then when you finish the workout turn the digital crown in one continuous movement to turn the lock off then slide right again and tap on end.

Tighten the watch band a touch.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.

Is your sleeve catching on the side buttons or on the screen itself?

Workout Pauses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.