Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone is getting heated with 20w charging adaptor. Does it affect my battery health

Iphone is getting heated with 20w charging adaptor. Should i worry about my battery health. Should i use my old 5w charging adapter?

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:33 AM

venkat ~ Don't worry, it's normal for the 20w adapter to cause the iPhone to heat up – especially if the room temperature is high. Whilst charging, instead of laying your iPhone flat on a surface, try placing it on its side – leaning against something so that the heat is more easily dissipated.

õ¿õ¬

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 2:33 AM in response to venkat280

venkat ~ Don't worry, it's normal for the 20w adapter to cause the iPhone to heat up – especially if the room temperature is high. Whilst charging, instead of laying your iPhone flat on a surface, try placing it on its side – leaning against something so that the heat is more easily dissipated.

õ¿õ¬

Iphone is getting heated with 20w charging adaptor. Does it affect my battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.