Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iCloud has deleted a Note

Hi there,

I have spent all morning recording research notes on the Notes app on my iPhone and when I opened the app on my Macbook it has synced and reverted the note to a previous version from six week ago, losing all the reserach I have done since, despite the note being used many times since then.

It is possible that I had two notes with the same name, and the most recent one is the one that has been deleted, but I can't say for sure.

It is not in my recently deleted folder, nor is it on iCloud. I have searched on all devices for it but no joy.

None of my other notes, including another one that I was using yesterday, have been affected. I seem to have only lost the one I was working on this morning and was open at the time my Macbook Notes app synced.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't see how I can use this app going forwards if at any moment it could delete work that has taken me hours to write.

Many thanks,

Tom

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 3:23 AM

RESOLVED!

I found another instance on the community of this happening and it was suggested that Apple Support could recover the lost note, so I ocntacted them and eventually they were able to restore the note bizarrely into the Recently Deleted folder.

The chap advised me that the note was possibly lost because the note had the same title as a previous note that when synced caused the error.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 3:23 AM in response to thetomhurst

RESOLVED!

I found another instance on the community of this happening and it was suggested that Apple Support could recover the lost note, so I ocntacted them and eventually they were able to restore the note bizarrely into the Recently Deleted folder.

The chap advised me that the note was possibly lost because the note had the same title as a previous note that when synced caused the error.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Syncing iCloud has deleted a Note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.