Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the MacBooks with the new M1 chip utilize Microsoft Word?

Can the Macbooks with the new chip utilize Microsoft Word? I saw something that made me think no, but I need to know before i buy my new Macbook.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 8:36 AM

faithfulmommy26 wrote:

Can the Macbooks with the new chip utilize Microsoft Word? I saw something that made me think no, but I need to know before i buy my new Macbook.

Big Sur—Microsoft 365 for Mac apps that run natively on Macs with M1.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/12/15/4-ways-microsoft-365-is-improving-the-experience-for-mac-users/

Big Sur compatibility—Microsoft recently announced that it was officially ending support for Office 2016 for Mac on October 13, 2020. Apple Silicon compatibility in Office 2016 is questionable. Office 2019 no issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 8:36 AM in response to faithfulmommy26

faithfulmommy26 wrote:

Big Sur—Microsoft 365 for Mac apps that run natively on Macs with M1.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2020/12/15/4-ways-microsoft-365-is-improving-the-experience-for-mac-users/

Big Sur compatibility—Microsoft recently announced that it was officially ending support for Office 2016 for Mac on October 13, 2020. Apple Silicon compatibility in Office 2016 is questionable. Office 2019 no issues.

Aug 6, 2021 8:31 AM in response to faithfulmommy26

Apple-Silicon M1:

Apple says every well-behaved ordinary Application (that does not use Virtualization) will run on Apple-Silicon. It will use Rosetta emulation to translate the Intel binary to M1-binary.

Your Apps will run and not crash while being executed on a a completely different processor than the one the developer used. This is a remarkable feature.

It runs, and you can get your work done, which is what Apple promised and delivered.

Can the MacBooks with the new M1 chip utilize Microsoft Word?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.