Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur bootable file to reload Mac Desktop M1 model.

I have an M1 Mac that was fully formatted. Will not attach to anything. Where can I get a Big Sur Bootable startup to reload the system.?

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 8:42 AM

Thanks Old Toad. Was able to start recovery but still crashed. Worked with Apple Support.

Seems that the Apple Network Congestion last week caused a mismatch in the server Big Sur file name and my local file name caused issue. Apple local store has my system. They are reloading from newest server files. All Hardware Diags pass without issue. Appeciate the help.

Consider this closed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 8:42 AM in response to Mike_A67

Thanks Old Toad. Was able to start recovery but still crashed. Worked with Apple Support.

Seems that the Apple Network Congestion last week caused a mismatch in the server Big Sur file name and my local file name caused issue. Apple local store has my system. They are reloading from newest server files. All Hardware Diags pass without issue. Appeciate the help.

Consider this closed.

Big Sur bootable file to reload Mac Desktop M1 model.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.