Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My daughter is part of family sharing but her photos are not saving onto our iCloud, how can she save her photos on our iCloud please?

My daughter in on may iCloud family sharing. on her own device. How does she save her photos to my storage iCloud? Is it not automatic?

Thank you

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 10:57 AM

Family sharing does not automatically include sharing iCloud storage. If you want to share iCloud storage, see the following: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

Also, even if you share an iCloud storage, her data is private. See the following from the same support page as above:

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

If you want to share photos, that is done by adding the photos that you want to share to the shared album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 10:57 AM in response to chanelle60

Family sharing does not automatically include sharing iCloud storage. If you want to share iCloud storage, see the following: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support

Also, even if you share an iCloud storage, her data is private. See the following from the same support page as above:

When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. You simply share the space available in the iCloud storage plan with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

If you want to share photos, that is done by adding the photos that you want to share to the shared album. See the following from Family Sharing - Apple

When you set up your family, a shared album is created automatically in the Photos app on all family members’ devices. Everyone can add photos, videos, and comments to the album whenever they like and get notified when something new is added.

My daughter is part of family sharing but her photos are not saving onto our iCloud, how can she save her photos on our iCloud please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.