Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, I have been told that sometimes my voice sounds like a robot. Is this a speaker issue?

I have an iPhone 12 Pro, I have been told that sometimes my voice sounds like a robot. Is this a speaker issue?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 1:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 1:50 PM

The person receiving your phone call is telling you that your voice sounds like a robot. This means that the issue may be with your microphone and not your speaker. This may also have something to do with a bad cell connection / service. You can address the microphone portion of the issue by having your iPhone 12 Pro examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. Your iPhone 12 Pro should still be under Apple’s 1YR Limited Warranty. Take advantage of it and have it examined.

If there are no hardware issues found on your iPhone then work with your cellular service provider to discuss service issues.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 1:50 PM in response to odilia47

The person receiving your phone call is telling you that your voice sounds like a robot. This means that the issue may be with your microphone and not your speaker. This may also have something to do with a bad cell connection / service. You can address the microphone portion of the issue by having your iPhone 12 Pro examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center. Your iPhone 12 Pro should still be under Apple’s 1YR Limited Warranty. Take advantage of it and have it examined.

If there are no hardware issues found on your iPhone then work with your cellular service provider to discuss service issues.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.