Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did all my Menus Go?

Every last one of my menus that I can pull up now just shows a blank callout. I can still click the options, but I won't know which option goes to which.

That image above was hard enough to create without knowing what color I was going to change the lines into (they were white the last time I used them). How do I make my menus start displaying their stuff again?

I also haven't tried restarting yet, since I don't know what its keybind is. I usually just click the one on the screen, but now that it's gone, I don't have the foggiest idea which one it is.

Device: MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)

System: macOS Big Sur v11.4

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 5:48 PM

Here is an Apple article showing the keyboard short cut commands for the various functions including "Restarting" and "Shutting Down" a Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Control–Power button* or Control–Media Eject Display a dialog asking whether you want to restart, sleep, or shut down.

Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents.

Control–Option–Command–Power button* or Control–Option–Command–Media Eject Quit all apps, then shut down your Mac. If any open documents have unsaved changes, you will be asked whether you want to save them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 5:48 PM in response to Eisig_Liang

Here is an Apple article showing the keyboard short cut commands for the various functions including "Restarting" and "Shutting Down" a Mac:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201236

Control–Power button* or Control–Media Eject Display a dialog asking whether you want to restart, sleep, or shut down.

Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents.

Control–Option–Command–Power button* or Control–Option–Command–Media Eject Quit all apps, then shut down your Mac. If any open documents have unsaved changes, you will be asked whether you want to save them.

Where did all my Menus Go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.