Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water resistance iPhone 11 gone bad.

My phone fell down in the pool for like 10 secs and depth was about 30 cm. After it had fallen, it worked same as before. However, 2-3 days later it started to not read my face. Thrudepth camera has broken. So, I went to Apple and they told me that I have to replace my phone but it is not included in warranty so I have to pay more. But in the ads they say 3m and 30 mins waterproof. I sincerely ask Apple to replace my phone for free because of the grievance.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 3:11 PM

Hello,

If you you have a case on your phone, remove it and let the phone dry out for several days. Ultimately, it will need to be replaced, but it may work for awhile without FaceID. See this for more detail:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 3:11 PM in response to Ertugozer

Hello,

If you you have a case on your phone, remove it and let the phone dry out for several days. Ultimately, it will need to be replaced, but it may work for awhile without FaceID. See this for more detail:

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later 

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty 

Good luck.

Aug 6, 2021 4:35 PM in response to Ertugozer

Ertugozer wrote:

But in the ads they say 3m and 30 mins waterproof.

Either the ads that you were reading are wrong or you misread them. No Apple iPhone is waterproof, just water resistant. There is a big difference. Also, Apple does these test under controlled conditions. Regardless, if the liquid indicator in the phone is "tripped" Apple will not repair the phone under its standard 1 year limited warranty. The only recourse to get some form of price break would be if you elected to purchase an AppleCare+ plan when you bought this phone. In that case, this could be treated as one of the two (per year) accidental incidents.

Water resistance iPhone 11 gone bad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.