You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

International use iPhone SE 2nd Edition

Hello,

I’m considering buying a used iPhone SE from a friend who’s frustrated, not smartphone literate, and wants a flip-phone. It’s a 2020 phone and is currently on a CDMA network.

My questions are:

1. Because the phone is LTE, can I use it in a GSM network. It’s unlocked by the carrier who doesn’t lock their phones. Also, it’s more than 6 months old and shouldn’t be Apple locked to its original carrier, USCellular.
  2. I want to use it for International travel by using a local SIM in the countries I visit. Can I do that?
  3. What questions should I ask USCellular before buying?

TIA,

Bill

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 8:24 PM

Perhaps these articles will help\:

About cellular data roaming options for your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Before you buy the iPhone, make sure you can follow the steps in the 'Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else' section of:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

or you will just have an expensive paperweight.

'

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 8:24 PM in response to Popcorn-Billy

Perhaps these articles will help\:

About cellular data roaming options for your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Before you buy the iPhone, make sure you can follow the steps in the 'Check for Activation Lock before you buy a device from someone else' section of:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

or you will just have an expensive paperweight.

'

International use iPhone SE 2nd Edition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.