Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iPhone Has Been Hacked Pop Up

I was taking an online quiz when I got the pop up notification that “My iPhone has been hacked. All actions are being tracked by a hacker. Take action immediately!”. Instead of pressing the close option at the bottom of the pop up I exited out of the tab immediately. I researched and found out it’s a scam but since I didn’t open anything I don’t know if my phone was effected in any way. I went into my settings and changed my safari settings to block pop ups, turn on fraudulent website warning, and clear my website data. I’m about to complete a software update, but I’m unsure if my phone is safe or not. Please help!

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 5:31 PM

Hello Dogs117!

Looks like you are having some trouble with Safari popups on your iPhone. We wan to help! That notification is just a phishing attempt and is safe to ignore. This article has more information: About pop-up ads and windows in Safari.

Take care!

1 reply

Your iPhone Has Been Hacked Pop Up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.