Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty trade in kit

I received my trade-in kit and it was completely empty aside from the foam. No instructions, no return label, nothing! So I requested a new trade in kit and have received it with, yet again, nothing in it other than the foam. Is this how it always comes? If so how does the courier know where it's going with no return label?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 10:25 AM

Followup - usb did the Trade-In process just minutes ago. See below that Apple Sends after agreement to terms for Trad-In.

Apple Trade In

Here’s what’s next.

Your trade-in:

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

You’ll receive a trade-in kit with a box, a prepaid label, and packing and shipping instructions. Make sure you prep your device and send it back to our trade-in partner within 15 days. 

Our partner will inspect the device and verify its condition. When everything checks out, you’re all set. 

Please note: If you have multiple trade-ins, you’ll receive multiple kits. 

Additional trade-in instructions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 10:25 AM in response to kleigh18

Followup - usb did the Trade-In process just minutes ago. See below that Apple Sends after agreement to terms for Trad-In.

Apple Trade In

Here’s what’s next.

Your trade-in:

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

You’ll receive a trade-in kit with a box, a prepaid label, and packing and shipping instructions. Make sure you prep your device and send it back to our trade-in partner within 15 days. 

Our partner will inspect the device and verify its condition. When everything checks out, you’re all set. 

Please note: If you have multiple trade-ins, you’ll receive multiple kits. 

Additional trade-in instructions

Aug 8, 2021 3:14 AM in response to kleigh18

Things have changed since March 2021 when last updated the Trade-in Directly from Apple. Please, double check Directly with Apple and reconfirm.

From your description - this almost sounds a Man-in--the Middle getting a Free computer under the guise of Trade-in.

There is no courier company that can pickup an item without cable Affix with the From person and Destination address. Have working the Transportation Business for 20 years moving things by Ship, Airplane, Rail and Truck and never ever have I heard of this.

Empty trade in kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.