Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeing up space on iCloud when also have TM - how do we delete Mail App B/U from icloud?

Hello ... please can someone help?

I have several Time Machine backups over years of Mac OSX use and do not need Mail back up on icloud. (currently taking 14 gig that would be good to free up)

How do I delete Mail B/U from icloud without taking my icloud.com email account off my Mail app? When I un-tick the Mail option on icloud prefs ... it deletes the icloud email account in Mail App on Macbook Pro?

Many thanks Richard

MacBook Pro 13″, 10.15

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 4:19 AM

Sign in with Apple ID and password with account credentials at www.icloud.com , in mail section hold the shift key click on rest of mails to get selected ( don't select massive mails ).

Right click on any one of them and click on delete .

See the article Delete email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Don't delete iCloud mail account from internet accounts or mail preferences ( don't uncheck the box of enable this account ) .

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 4:19 AM in response to dick the flick

Sign in with Apple ID and password with account credentials at www.icloud.com , in mail section hold the shift key click on rest of mails to get selected ( don't select massive mails ).

Right click on any one of them and click on delete .

See the article Delete email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Don't delete iCloud mail account from internet accounts or mail preferences ( don't uncheck the box of enable this account ) .

Freeing up space on iCloud when also have TM - how do we delete Mail App B/U from icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.