Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac min can't find my mouse in monitor hub

my monitor is BenQ it support USB Hub function , I was put my keyboard and logitec mouse , everything was fine, and one day , I am mandatory shutdown when everything still working and normal because some stupid reason (I close my Bluetooth speaker and I forgot the YouTube video still play ,and it make some embarrassment noise from Mac mini very loud , omg ~) , then after that day , when Mac mini is sleep, I try to wake up it, but keyboard and mouse didn't work(It was put on monitor hub), so I mandatory shutdown again , then the mouse is not working anymore on monitor , I try 3 different mouse on the monitor they all can't work , but when I put the mouse on Mac mini USB port , it work , but Mac mini only have 2 USB port , I really want to use monitor hub then I can put my usb hdd on it ,how can fix it , please help me , thank you very much , and have a nice day ~. by jack~

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 9:23 AM

The M1 Mac Mini supports one display on the HDMI port and one display on a USB-C port.

see > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-mini/connect-a-display-apd8e4fbbb97/mac

The PD2700Q supports HDMI and DisplayPort.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's HDMI port using an HDMI to HDMI cable.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's USB-C port using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 9:23 AM in response to 傑16

The M1 Mac Mini supports one display on the HDMI port and one display on a USB-C port.

see > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-mini/connect-a-display-apd8e4fbbb97/mac

The PD2700Q supports HDMI and DisplayPort.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's HDMI port using an HDMI to HDMI cable.

It can connect to the Mac Mini's USB-C port using a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

Aug 7, 2021 8:08 AM in response to 傑16

What is the BenQ model number?

Exactly how is the BenQ connected to the Mac Mini?

If the BenQ's USB hub is not working, you can use a USB-A 3.0 Hub plugged into one of the Mac Mini's USB-A ports.

example > https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Individual-Switches-Included-HB-UMP3/dp/B00TPMEOYM/ref=sr_1_10?

Then you can plug your Keyboard, Mouse and External Drive into that Hub instead of the BenQ.

Aug 7, 2021 8:22 AM in response to den.thed

Thank you for reply so quickly , my BenQ monitor model number is PD2700Q 2k display , and I was consider some product can also have DP and VGA port (for my old monitor ), I just curious why it work at first time , then now didn't work, dose I broke my Mac mini, this is my first time use MAC , and I really like it , and thank you for reply , still want to fix it , if it work before, feel little bit sad , ha ha .

Mac min can't find my mouse in monitor hub

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.