Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 6 microphone bug

Since I got my Series 6, I’ve noticed something odd about the microphone. Rarely, when I’m not looking at the screen, the microphone icon will show. The second I go to tap it, it disappears. It’s too random to be ‘Hey Siri’ but it only works when I’m connected to the internet. Is this just a glitch on the Series 6 or is there a chance that there’s spyware (Pegasus, for example) on my watch? The microphone will have heard a lot of personal things so I’m extremely worried if this is the case.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 7

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:17 AM

Hello Totherkoala,

From your post it appears that you are concerned about the microphone light appearing on your Apple Watch.

We can start by assuring you that the chance of some sort of spyware being installed on the watch is not likely. The security built into Apple products makes installing something without your permission almost impossible: Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

These are the different icons and symbols that appear on an Apple Watch face. Take a look and see if what you are seeing matches: Status icons and symbols on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Have a good day.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 9:17 AM in response to Totherkoala

Hello Totherkoala,

From your post it appears that you are concerned about the microphone light appearing on your Apple Watch.

We can start by assuring you that the chance of some sort of spyware being installed on the watch is not likely. The security built into Apple products makes installing something without your permission almost impossible: Apple Platform Security - Apple Support

These are the different icons and symbols that appear on an Apple Watch face. Take a look and see if what you are seeing matches: Status icons and symbols on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Have a good day.

Apple Watch series 6 microphone bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.