Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer my iTunes library onto my iPhone 11

How do I transfer my music library from iTunes onto my iPhone 11 please

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 4:59 PM

Where is your library exactly?

If on a PC or Mac computer, see here: link-> Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If using Apple Music subscription service: see here: link-> Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

10 replies

Aug 10, 2021 12:01 PM in response to JustmeLynn-E

If you synced the music using iTunes as explained in the link I posted, your music is in the Music App.

Look for this icon on your iPhone:

Your music should be there under Library:

link-> Listen to music and more in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

iCloud accounts are all free to get. You get 5GB of storage.

The Apple Music subscription does not use your iCloud account storage for the matched and uploaded music.

Aug 10, 2021 11:01 AM in response to JustmeLynn-E

As Lawrence mentions you can use iTunes to sync the music to your iPhone and its free. The music will be copied onto the device and can be played without paying anything. Follow the steps in my first link.

If you use Apple Music, then you need to pay for the subscription, not to play your own music, but to access the service. Its just that the subscription has a feature were it takes all your music from your computer uploads it to iCloud and then makes it available to your other devices.

Each feature is independent of each other. If you use one, you don't need to use the other. So if you synced using iTunes, then you don't need to use Apple Music and as such you don't need to pay for anything.

@Lawrence Finch:

Thanks.

Transfer my iTunes library onto my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.