Related Article: Learn which size SIM card your iPhone or iPad uses

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone7 sim card tray is bigger in the opening than the opening in the iphone 11 tray and the card will not sit in the new tray

my iphone7 sim card tray opening/space is bigger than the opening in the iphone 11 tray and the card does not fit into the tray. Anyone met with this problem?

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:32 AM

The SIM card trays are different between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 11, but the SIM cards themselves are compatible. You must remove the SIM card from the 7 tray and put it in the 11 tray. And also note the orientation in the tray is different. line up the notch on the card with the corner of the iPhone 11 tray. It will only fit one way.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 9:32 AM in response to Express013

The SIM card trays are different between the iPhone 7 and iPhone 11, but the SIM cards themselves are compatible. You must remove the SIM card from the 7 tray and put it in the 11 tray. And also note the orientation in the tray is different. line up the notch on the card with the corner of the iPhone 11 tray. It will only fit one way.

my iphone7 sim card tray is bigger in the opening than the opening in the iphone 11 tray and the card will not sit in the new tray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.