Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Wifi connection

I have a iPhone 11pro max I recently purchased. I downloaded from ICloud my previous phone details and apps. But I now can no longer connect to wifi. I have try turning off and on and resetting no luck

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 11:00 PM

renatofromwelland Said:

"No Wifi connection: I have a iPhone 11pro max I recently purchased. I downloaded from ICloud my previous phone details and apps. But I now can no longer connect to wifi. I have try turning off and on and resetting no luck"

-------

Troubleshooting WiFi:

Try The Following in the Order Provided...

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2021 11:00 PM in response to renatofromwelland

renatofromwelland Said:

"No Wifi connection: I have a iPhone 11pro max I recently purchased. I downloaded from ICloud my previous phone details and apps. But I now can no longer connect to wifi. I have try turning off and on and resetting no luck"

-------

Troubleshooting WiFi:

Try The Following in the Order Provided...

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

As a Last Resort:

E. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone from a backup that was made when Wi-Fi was working. Prior to restoring, backup your iPhone, incase anything goes wrong with the restoration.

Aug 7, 2021 10:47 PM in response to renatofromwelland

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

No Wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.