Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO MAKE BLURRY PIC CLEARER

working on an older document (in photos). how do I make it more in focus?

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 12:40 AM

How badly blurred is the document? The "Sharpen tool" in Photos is meant for sharpening RAW photos and improve the RAW development, is is not meant to be used for out of focus pictures.

Try to adjust the photo in "Edit" Mode (click "Edit", then the "Adjust" tab) - the edge sharpening tool in Photos can just add a little sharpness (use the "Auto" button in the Sharpen tool), but you can distract from the blurred edges by adding more Contrast and Definition.

For example:

• Increase the "Amount" of the "Definition" slider.
  • Add a little sharpness in the Sharpen tool.
  • Increase "Contrast" and "Brilliance" in the "Light" section of the Adjustment tools, but try to keep out natural.

Particularly the "Definition" slider will make the details come out, even in a blurry photo.

When I need to enhance details, I am using Luminar AI was an external editor. It has nice controls to enhance the details.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 12:40 AM in response to FRogg99

How badly blurred is the document? The "Sharpen tool" in Photos is meant for sharpening RAW photos and improve the RAW development, is is not meant to be used for out of focus pictures.

Try to adjust the photo in "Edit" Mode (click "Edit", then the "Adjust" tab) - the edge sharpening tool in Photos can just add a little sharpness (use the "Auto" button in the Sharpen tool), but you can distract from the blurred edges by adding more Contrast and Definition.

For example:

• Increase the "Amount" of the "Definition" slider.
  • Add a little sharpness in the Sharpen tool.
  • Increase "Contrast" and "Brilliance" in the "Light" section of the Adjustment tools, but try to keep out natural.

Particularly the "Definition" slider will make the details come out, even in a blurry photo.

When I need to enhance details, I am using Luminar AI was an external editor. It has nice controls to enhance the details.

HOW TO MAKE BLURRY PIC CLEARER

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.