Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USD/CHF currency exchange

For some reason, the currency exchange rate for USD/CHF pair in Apple Mac Numbers spreadsheets (data provided by Yahoo! Finance) no longer works. All other pairings work perfectly, including CHF/USD... only USD/CHF always carries an error message. Can anyone explain the reason to me or, above all, solve the problem? Thanks, and sorry for my bad English.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 12:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 6:39 AM

None of us know for sure but this appears to result from bugs in the data feed from Yahoo! Finance to Apple. Many related complaints have been posted here.

I suggest you file a bug report with Apple, giving specifics.

In the menu go to Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback.

Bug Report is one of the choices under Feedback Type.

These problems have persisted for months. Sure would be nice to get back to "it just works." 😀

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 6:39 AM in response to bix225

None of us know for sure but this appears to result from bugs in the data feed from Yahoo! Finance to Apple. Many related complaints have been posted here.

I suggest you file a bug report with Apple, giving specifics.

In the menu go to Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback.

Bug Report is one of the choices under Feedback Type.

These problems have persisted for months. Sure would be nice to get back to "it just works." 😀

SG

Aug 8, 2021 7:31 AM in response to bix225

Yes, the problems seem to be intermittent. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes one thing works but another doesn't. Sometimes the other works but not this one. Frustrating!

A workaround is to retrieve data using Google Sheets and copy/paste into a Numbers table and have your formulas reference that table.

SG

USD/CHF currency exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.