Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad pro not charging with a usb-c cable

Hi!

About six months ago I started having problems with charging my ipad pro 2018, 11’.

Every time I plugged it in I had to bend the cable in a specific way. Also, it would only charge with one side of the cable.

I assumed it was a cable issue and didn’t pay it much attention. About a month ago I got a new macbook and tried charging my ipad with the new cable. To my surprise, it was the same - I had to bend the cable.

About two weeks ago my ipad stopped charging completely. I called apple and they said they did not repair ipads, only replace them and it was very expensive given the fact that my warranty had expired.

Before throwing it away I decided to try one thing - plug it into the laptop directly - and it worked, it started charging!

However, the laptop has to be plugged in at the same time, otherwise the ipad starts charging the laptop

And lastly, I tried charging it with a Usb/Usb-c cable (not original) and to my surprise, it also worked.

To summarize, the ipad would not charge with any usb-c wall plug. However, it charges from standard usb (a) wall plugs and from the laptop

Has anyone ever experienced the same issue? We’re you able to fix it?

I already tried resetting all settings (haven’t tried a complete reset yet)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 6:20 AM

Hello:) This is a prior post by LotusPilot one of the excellent posters here. Take a look:

"Have you considered that a bad cable has already damaged/fried your Power Adapter - hence the suggestion to substitute both the Power Adapter and Cable for known good examples.

As is, you may be juggling already damaged items - swapping one bad example for another.

Setting aside the basic substitution, here is Apple support page for diagnosing charging issues:

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Your remaining option is to take your various items along to your local Apple Store for testing."

Hope some useful info for you.

~Katana-San~

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 6:20 AM in response to emalv

Hello:) This is a prior post by LotusPilot one of the excellent posters here. Take a look:

"Have you considered that a bad cable has already damaged/fried your Power Adapter - hence the suggestion to substitute both the Power Adapter and Cable for known good examples.

As is, you may be juggling already damaged items - swapping one bad example for another.

Setting aside the basic substitution, here is Apple support page for diagnosing charging issues:

If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

Your remaining option is to take your various items along to your local Apple Store for testing."

Hope some useful info for you.

~Katana-San~

Ipad pro not charging with a usb-c cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.