Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 months free trial of Apple TV+

I bought an Apple TV in a store. I was told I had 3 months of Apple TV+ after purchasing the Apple TV, but the link provided on the Apple website and on the Apple TV app indicate that I only have 7 days. How do I get the 3 months?

Apple TV, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 4:17 PM

Bait and switch. The clause that says "The 3 months free Apple TV+ offer is not available if you or your Family have previously accepted the Apple TV+ one year free offer." is buried three levels deep, literally.

If you go to https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus you see a big banner advertising 3 months free, and a "check eligibility" button that goes straight to the buy for $4.99 app without saying anything about eligibility. You have to ignore "check eligibility" and scroll down to the bottom instead, find the hidden grey "terms" link, which brings you to another page of offers that doesn't spell out the terms, then click on the word "herein" to actually read the conditions of the offer.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 4:17 PM in response to jonkino

Bait and switch. The clause that says "The 3 months free Apple TV+ offer is not available if you or your Family have previously accepted the Apple TV+ one year free offer." is buried three levels deep, literally.

If you go to https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus you see a big banner advertising 3 months free, and a "check eligibility" button that goes straight to the buy for $4.99 app without saying anything about eligibility. You have to ignore "check eligibility" and scroll down to the bottom instead, find the hidden grey "terms" link, which brings you to another page of offers that doesn't spell out the terms, then click on the word "herein" to actually read the conditions of the offer.

Sep 30, 2021 2:33 PM in response to 1mabeliever

I had the same problem. My wife bought me an Apple TV 4K and I couldn't activate the 3 months free trial.

An hour on the phone with Apple and I find out that since I activated a few months of free Apple TV+ in 2019 (with the purchase of an iPad) I am now not eligible for this free trial (with another device purchased from Apple). Disappointing and misleading!

Aug 8, 2021 3:02 PM in response to Niel

All I get at that link is a get Apple TV+ link for $4.99 a month. No place to get the 3 months free. At the link below in your message I am requested to open my device (which is the Apple TV) and enter my Apple password ( but there is no place to enter a password) and then go to Apple TV app and I should see the offer, but there is no offer, just get Apple TV+ for $4.99 a month. I have rebooted and opened the Apple TV app on my phone, iPad and Mac. BTW the AppleTV itself opens just fine and the app seems to work just fine. I bought the Apple TV at a store, not online, and it does not show in my list of purchases.

Nov 19, 2021 12:15 PM in response to TRWheaton

I was having issues with this, too and just talked to an Apple service guy. After redeeming your 3 months free subscription, (on your computer) launch Apple TV+ and go to the top of the menu bar and go into the Account tab and enter your AppleID, (see screenshot below). This should do it. It did for me.

Originally, I clicked on the link to redeem the 3 months free subscription from Best Buy on my iPhone and it worked fine on my iPhone, but I was trying to watch Apple TV+ movies on my iMac Pro and nothing happened. I got the 'Start 7 Days Free' button and that was annoying. Make sure your computer or TV has the same AppleID that you used to redeem the 3 months free subscription. Hope this helps.

Nov 15, 2021 4:55 AM in response to TRWheaton

I have had exactly the same problem trying to get my apple 3month free trial. Its a con by Apple. I bought a new macbook on Friday - it arrived on Sat, I set it up, entered my Apple ID etc and clicked on apple TV. It automatically give me a 7 day free tria, I didn't even click on anything and there was no option for a 3 month trial. When I try it and do it again and on my other devises it just says I have a free 7day trial and I will start to pay 4.99. a month on 20th of this month. I have done the apple chat they cannot help, I called apple care they transferred me to three different departments not one could help then I got cut of. Convinced this is some kind of Apple scam cause no one in support knows what to do about. Disgraceful!!!

Aug 8, 2021 3:05 PM in response to TRWheaton

Did you follow these steps:

Redeem 3 months free of Apple TV+ now.

You can start your 3 months free subscription to Apple TV+ after setting up your new Apple product. Here's how to redeem your offer:

•  Turn on your new Apple device and sign in with your Apple ID.
  •  Open the Apple TV app. Make sure your device is running the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
  •  The offer should be presented immediately after launching the app. If not, go to the  Apple TV+ tabwhere you'll see the offer.
  •  Tap Enjoy 3 Months Free.

Nov 8, 2021 10:42 AM in response to TRWheaton

hi! I had the exact same problem, so I contacted support and was told it is because I was a subscriber already (I have used the 7-day free trial in the past then stopped), which makes me ineligible for the offer. Fair enough, but I just wish it was communicated more clearly. My iPhone and iPad kept the notification on that I could redeem the offer so I did but turns out I subscribed. I cancelled it now.

3 months free trial of Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.