Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2nd Generation- Two Issues

I have a 2nd Generation Apple TV that I keep for a room that I don't use very often. However, I realize I'm having a couple of issues.

Signing in to Apple ID: I get all the way through the login procedure and then it asks for the 2-factor authentication code that appears on my phone. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide me with a place to put that code in. I've attempted to disable 2-factor on the computer but it doesn't seem to let me.

Unable to watch Apple TV+ via Airplay: I can cast music, home videos, etc, but when I try to cast AppleTV+ content (ie, Ted Lasso), it just says "Problem Loading Content" or something similar. The content does play fine on my phone.

I'm thinking maybe it's time for an upgrade, but wanted to check with this group first.

Jason

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 3:10 PM

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

However that being said, you are long overdue for an upgrade. If you live in the USA there are some sales on the 1st generation Apple TV 4K at B&H Photos, currently $129.99 instead of $179.99.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 3:10 PM in response to jjtrindc

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code. For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567
  • Do this quickly or it will time out!

However that being said, you are long overdue for an upgrade. If you live in the USA there are some sales on the 1st generation Apple TV 4K at B&H Photos, currently $129.99 instead of $179.99.

Apple TV 2nd Generation- Two Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.