Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro demo mode

I got a IPad Pro as a gift and it’s locked into demo mode. How can I reset this?

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 4:13 PM

If you are referring to the activation lock, there is nothing at all you can do. Only the original owner can do that. Return it and tell the gift giver that it is not usable unless they prepare it properly. If it is in demo mode, only a store would probably do this, so are you sure it is not stolen?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 4:13 PM in response to Kimsp67

If you are referring to the activation lock, there is nothing at all you can do. Only the original owner can do that. Return it and tell the gift giver that it is not usable unless they prepare it properly. If it is in demo mode, only a store would probably do this, so are you sure it is not stolen?

Aug 8, 2021 6:12 PM in response to Kimsp67

That is because you are not the person/store who set up the demo mode. There is nothing you can do except to return it or recycle it. I have never heard of anyone selling any device in demo mode; as I said, that is only installed by stores so customers can check it out, play with it, etc. A store would not sell it without returning the device to a usable condition.

IPad Pro demo mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.