Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Music

Where is all of my Apple Music? I got a new phone and I about 1/3 of my songs don’t show and when I try to download them it says this song is not available in your country or region. I bought and paid for all of these songs on iTunes!!

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 7:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Apple Music subscription and iTunes Match can be used to host music that you have purchased from Apple or another source, and Apple Music subscription can be used to rent music.

If you’re seeing the content not available in your country or region and have not changed countries or regions, then the music was either rented and withdrawn, or the music was not purchased (from Apple or otherwise) and uploaded and hosted, or the music hosting has gotten severely confused.

If you were not subscribing to host the music via Apple Music or iTunes Match, then you’ll have to re-transfer the music to the new device.

Here is what Apple recommends doing: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 9:45 PM in response to Chiefsfan1

Apple Music subscription and iTunes Match can be used to host music that you have purchased from Apple or another source, and Apple Music subscription can be used to rent music.

If you’re seeing the content not available in your country or region and have not changed countries or regions, then the music was either rented and withdrawn, or the music was not purchased (from Apple or otherwise) and uploaded and hosted, or the music hosting has gotten severely confused.

If you were not subscribing to host the music via Apple Music or iTunes Match, then you’ll have to re-transfer the music to the new device.

Here is what Apple recommends doing: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

Aug 10, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Chiefsfan1

Chiefsfan1 wrote:

I have NEVER subscribed to Apple Music, I always have purchased the music.

Without the synchronization provided by an Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription (Apple Music subscription provides music rentals and exploration, and—for this case—also provides iCloud-hosted storage and synchronization of purchased music), you will have to re-transfer the music from whence it came. That might be your music library using the iTunes app on Mac or Windows, or the Apple Music app on a Mac, or from some other source of music.

My Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.