Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A lot of my photos deleted or disappear and I did everything it said to get them back like turn on the icloud for the photos and I already had it on. And it still won’t give my pictures back it’s over 2 thousand photos and videos

Over 2 thousand of my photos and videos disappeared. And I didn’t everything apple help said to and the photos won’t come back. And I’ve been with apple for almost 5 years. I just want my photos back

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Typical_maribel Said:

"A lot of my photos deleted or disappear and I did everything it said to get them back like turn on the icloud for the photos and I already had it on. And it still won’t give my pictures back it’s over 2 thousand photos and videos: Over 2 thousand of my photos and videos disappeared. And I didn’t everything apple help said to and the photos won’t come back. And I’ve been with apple for almost 5 years. I just want my photos back"

-------

Four Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloud: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 9:34 PM in response to Typical_maribel

Typical_maribel Said:

"A lot of my photos deleted or disappear and I did everything it said to get them back like turn on the icloud for the photos and I already had it on. And it still won’t give my pictures back it’s over 2 thousand photos and videos: Over 2 thousand of my photos and videos disappeared. And I didn’t everything apple help said to and the photos won’t come back. And I’ve been with apple for almost 5 years. I just want my photos back"

-------

Four Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

Go here, and see if they reside in iCloud: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Sep 20, 2021 2:07 PM in response to Roseate-Spoonbill

The thing is that I volunteered to be a windows insider I was on build 20h1 which was the one of the before windows 11 was to be released. I tried the migration assistant and that did not work for me. I had backup to some dvds so was able to restore some there and from iCloud. I personally have put it down to learning curve because some of those photos are gone. Go to Apple support and ask for their help write down anything different that you did that may help support to help you. I know they helped me.

A lot of my photos deleted or disappear and I did everything it said to get them back like turn on the icloud for the photos and I already had it on. And it still won’t give my pictures back it’s over 2 thousand photos and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.